Continuing Education Credit for TFS 2017*
*Continuing Education Credit Information for 2018 has not yet been finalized. The following information is from 2017. Please check back after September 10 for the 2018 information.
Certificates will be distributed at the end of the TFS conference. The following organizations have approved TFS 2017 as a continuing education program, which will be noted on the certificates:
- Montgomery County Public Schools:
- 8 hours toward a continuing education unit (CEU). (Note from MCPS: Advanced Professional Certificate holders can submit the certificates received at TFS along with other acceptable CEUs with the MCPS Form 440-34, IF NEEDED for renewal. Otherwise, all educators can put the certificates in their personal professional development folders.)
- Also, see below the MSDE credit that is available for all Maryland public school educators.
- Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice: 6.75 contact hours applying to occupational therapy principles and procedures (course number 2017:0146 expiring 12/31/2017).
- Maryland Board of Examiners for Audiologists, Hearing Aid Dispensers and Speech-Language Pathologists: 5.5 hours for speech (1 CEU = 1 contact hour).
- Frederick County Public Schools staff are eligible to receive 1 MSDE credit when they attend the conference and complete follow up requirements by December 8, 2017. Click here to review the specific requirements from FCPS.
- Carroll County Public Schools staff are eligible to receive 1 MSDE credit when they attend the conference and complete follow up requirements by December 15, 2017. Click here to review the specific requirements from CCPS.
- Other Maryland public school educators who attend the conference and who complete an assignment afterward are also eligible to receive 1 MSDE credit. The assignment involves implementing a new strategy learned at the conference, writing a reflection based on the experience, and submitting the reflection by December 15, 2017. Details about the assignment and how to submit it are available here. The MSDE Continuing Professional Development Experience Credit Form that is referenced in the instructions is available here.
Unfortunately, we have not been successful in getting approval of credit for physical therapists.