Continuing Education Credit for TFS 2017
Certificates will be distributed at the end of the TFS conference. To date, the following organizations have approved TFS 2017 as a continuing education program, which will be noted on the certificates:
- Montgomery County Public Schools: 8 hours toward a continuing education unit (CEU). (Note from MCPS: Advanced Professional Certificate holders can submit the certificates received at TFS along with other acceptable CEUs with the MCPS Form 440-34, IF NEEDED for renewal. Otherwise, all educators can put the certificates in their personal professional development folders.)
- Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice: 6.75 contact hours applying to occupational therapy principles and procedures (course number 2017:0146 expiring 12/31/2017).
- Maryland Board of Examiners for Audiologists, Hearing Aid Dispensers and Speech-Language Pathologists: 5.5 hours for speech (1 CEU = 1 contact hour).
- The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) approved Techniques for Success for 1 MSDE credit for Maryland educators who attend the conference and who complete an assignment after the conference. The assignment involves implementing a new strategy learned at the conference, writing a reflection based on the experience, and submitting the reflection by December 15, 2017. Details about the assignment and how to submit it will be posted here before the conference.
- Carroll County Public Schools staff are eligible to receive 1 MSDE credit when they attend the conference and complete follow up requirements by December 15, 2017. Click here to review the specific requirements from CCPS.
Unfortunately, we have not been successful in getting approval of credit for physical therapists.