Update as of December 9, 2016:
Following the 2016 Techniques for Success conference, we received approval from the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) for 1 MSDE credit for Maryland educators who attended the conference and who complete an additional assignment. The additional assignment involves implementing a new strategy or strategies learned at the conference (minimum of one full week of implementation with students), writing a reflection based on the experience, and submitting the reflection by January 31, 2017. Full details and instructions are provided here. A copy of the MSDE Continuing Professional Development Experience Credit Form referenced in the instructions is available here.
Please note that Carroll County and Frederick County educators have their own instructions as detailed below and should not apply again using this option.
Continuing Education Credit for TFS 2016
Certificates will be distributed at the end of the TFS conference. To date, the following organizations have approved TFS 2016 as a continuing education program, which will be noted on the certificates:
- Montgomery County Public Schools: 8 hours toward a continuing education unit (CEU). (Note from MCPS: Advanced Professional Certificate holders can submit the certificates received at TFS along with other acceptable CEUs with the MCPS Form 440-34, IF NEEDED for renewal. Otherwise, all educators can put the certificates in their personal professional development folders.)
- Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice: 6 contact hours applying to occupational therapy principles and procedures (course number 2016:129 expiring 6/30/2017).
- Maryland Board of Examiners for Audiologists, Hearing Aid Dispensers and Speech-Language Pathologists: 5.25 hours for speech (1 CEU = 1 contact hour).
- Frederick County Public Schools staff are eligible to receive 1 MSDE credit when they attend the conference and complete follow up requirements by December 5, 2016. Click here to review the specific requirements from FCPS.
- Carroll County Public Schools staff are eligible to receive 1 MSDE credit when they attend the conference and complete follow up requirements by December 16, 2016. Click here to review the specific requirements from CCPS.
Unfortunately, we have not been successful in getting approval of credit for physical therapists.