TFS 2018 Conference Details
THE 2018 TFS CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 3, 2018 AT THE TURF VALLEY RESORT IN ELLICOTT CITY, MARYLAND. REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN EARLY SEPTEMBER 2018.
Information from last year's conference is available below:
Who should attend?
TFS covers education strategies for students from preschool to high school. The conference is appropriate for educators and parents including:
- General education teachers
- Special education teachers
- Homeschooling parents
This year, there is again one conference for educators and parents with topics offered that are relevant to both groups.
Is it worth my time?
Yes! Past participants have indicated that TFS inspires them and gives them valuable tools to immediately use in their classrooms. If you have attended TFS in the past, it is definitely worth coming back because the topics change each year.
Many participants have noted the value of attending TFS with colleagues from their schools, so they can discuss new ideas and how they may work within their school setting.
Only $25 including:
- An opportunity to learn from and interact with national and local education experts.
- Access to electronic copies of speaker presentations and materials to take back to your school.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Lunch will be a deli buffet that will include vegetarian options.
- A significant discount on books from Woodbine House, a respected publisher of books on disabilities.
- Continuing education credit for some teachers and therapists. (See below.)
- Free raffle and door prizes. (Must be present to win. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.)
- Exhibitors with resources for educators and parents.
The $25 registration fee is non-refundable, and will appear on your credit card statement from "`WWW.DSNMC.ORG". DSNMC stands for the Down Syndrome Network of Montgomery County, one of the co-sponsors of TFS.
The list of exhibitors for TFS 2018 will be posted in early September 2018.
Continuing Education Credit
Please see our continuing education credit page for details. This information will be updated at a later date for 2018.
During the conference, participants may purchase books from Woodbine House at a significant discount. Woodbine House is a respected publisher of books on disability-related topics.